At Docucentric we take the environment very seriously and have the following measures in place:
- All our offices are ISO 14001 accredited and have paper recycling facilities, we also ensure that all of our packaging waste is compacted and collected for recycling.
- In 2015 100% of our site generated waste was recycled. Roughly 63% of refuse was destined for Refuse Derived Fuel leaving 37% processed through a Materials Recovery Facility.
- We have an active cycle-to-work scheme with 9 members of staff participating and we also encourage our employees to use public transport and car-share wherever possible.
- Our company vehicles are carefully purchased within government CO2 emission targets.
- We default the print drivers on our own office printers to duplex print to allow us to halve our paper consumption – green office printing. And by utilising Energy Saver Mode our printers go into idle mode drawing a much lower amount of power.
- Productive scanning allows our hardcopy documents to be converted into electronic format.
At Canon, environmental commitment has been part of the culture for years. It is reflected in the company philosophy of Kyosei “Living and working together for the common good” and the pro-active commitment to continuous environmental improvement.
By partnering with Docucentric and using Canon business solutions in your office you can…
- Reduce the number of office peripherals including faxes, scanners, copiers and printers into one combined multifunctional device. We’ll assess your current environment to identify whether you can rationalise your fleet.
- Be safe in the knowledge that your documents are printed on the optimum device. Previously, larger print jobs within your organisation may have often been sent to small devices not designed for large print runs resulting in device errors, failure and downtime (not anymore!).
Toshiba have their very own Carbon Zero Scheme to help fight against climate change and poverty in the developing world. When you purchase a Toshiba multifunctional printer from Docucentric under the Carbon Zero Scheme, we will offset the equivalent value of CO2 Emissions by investing in carbon reduction and social development projects.
This covers all associated emissions including procurement, manufacturing, logistics, power, paper, servicing, spares and consumables for the machine and the first 1 million prints. No calculators or vague claims about where the money is spent and how it is managed, everything is upfront, independently audited and recognised as consistently over achieving the highest standards of genuine return for the environment.